Rob's Books, Medium Readings, Animal Rescue Fundraisers

BOOKS: Pets and the Afterlife, Pets and the Afterlife 2, Pets and the Afterlife 3, Pets and the Afterlife 4, Lessons Learned from Talking to the Dead, Ghosts of England on a Medium's Vacation, Ghosts of the Bird Cage Theatre on a Medium's Vacation, Kindred Spirits: How a Medium Befriended a Spirit, Case Files of Inspired Ghost Tracking and Ghosts and Spirits Explained BEST SELLERS: All of Rob's books have reached "best-seller" status on AMAZON.com in various paranormal categories. PET SPIRIT READINGS: Now offered via email and done on weekends. Reserve a spot thru Paypal. Email me at Rgutro@gmail.com Send 1 Photo of your pet, their name, and any questions.ANIMAL RESCUE FUNDRAISING LECTURES : Rob is a dog dad, volunteers with Dachshund and Weimaraner rescues and does fundraising lectures for dog and cat rescues.

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

From One Dog Parent to Another: A Great Ramp for your Small Dog

 As a dog dad, and author of Pets and the Afterlife 1 and 2, today's blog is about a product I bought that helps keep your little dogs safe when they want to jump on a couch or bed. It's called DoggoRamps. I like to share things with others if I like them. (No, I don't get a commission! Wish I did!). 

Because our small dogs love being on the couch next to us (or even by
themselves) and jumping on and off risks ruptured disks, I've looked for ramps to help them safely. I tried a 2 step stair, but if they're not on that side of the couch, they won't use it. But a ramp can be angled to take up most of the couch length if we are not around. I settled on the Doggo Ramp and I'm glad I did!  Here's why: 

The Doggo Ramp is a great quality product. It's a sturdy, easy to use, ramp to help smaller dogs get up and down from couches, chairs and beds. It prevents back injuries (they should never jump off furniture). The ramp folds up nicely, it's well-constructed, easy to climb and easy to adjust! The craftsmanship is impeccable. If you have a small dog, this is the best ramp you can get.

I love the ability to adjust the heights easily, and the grip-able surface on the ramp makes it easy for dogs to climb and descend (whereas some other ramps use carpet, that is slippery.). Doggo Ramps are the best. I highly recommend them! 

Doggo Ramps were an idea of Ryan Beauchesne, the dad of the famous Crusoe the Celebrity Dachshund (who 2 years ago underwent back surgery).  Franklin, one of our Dachshunds had to have surgery for a ruptured disc and had to learn how to walk and urinate again - it took months and it was painful. I wish we found this years ago.

It took just a couple of hours to get our Dachshund, Tyler and his brother Dash (Doxie/Chihuahua mix) to feel comfortable with it. (It's similar to the ramps used in dog agility).  

Use treats to get your dogs familiar with it, and I found using the "upstarts" / "downstairs" command works best. 


No comments:

Post a Comment