Rob's Books, Medium Readings, Animal Rescue Fundraisers

BOOKS: Pets and the Afterlife, Pets and the Afterlife 2, Pets and the Afterlife 3, Pets and the Afterlife 4, Lessons Learned from Talking to the Dead, Ghosts of England on a Medium's Vacation, Ghosts of the Bird Cage Theatre on a Medium's Vacation, Kindred Spirits: How a Medium Befriended a Spirit, Case Files of Inspired Ghost Tracking and Ghosts and Spirits Explained BEST SELLERS: All of Rob's books have reached "best-seller" status on AMAZON.com in various paranormal categories. PET SPIRIT READINGS: Now offered via email and done on weekends. Reserve a spot thru Paypal. Email me at Rgutro@gmail.com Send 1 Photo of your pet, their name, and any questions.ANIMAL RESCUE FUNDRAISING LECTURES : Rob is a dog dad, volunteers with Dachshund and Weimaraner rescues and does fundraising lectures for dog and cat rescues.

Monday, July 15, 2019

A Review I Like: from Amazon about "Pets and the Afterlife"


Here's the latest review of my book Pets and the Afterlife, from a pet parent. The review was posted on Amazon.com on July 1. I'm always glad to hear that people have found answers and comfort.



1. New! VegasAgent reviewed Pets and the Afterlife
Offers comfort that couldn't be found elsewhere 
 July 1, 2019
My Pomeranian passed away at the beginning of May, after 16 1/2 years together. She had been ill, but was doing better, and then one day, her health did a 180 from the night before. I had to make the most horrific decision a pet parent ever has to make. I cannot describe the pain, and emptiness that followed. I found myself doubting my choice, and questioning what she must have thought of me. Did she think I just gave up on her? Did she think I didn't love her enough, and that after all the love she showed me, my thanks was to have her life taken from her? I found myself starting to panic and question things I never really gave much thought to before; Will I really get to be with her again? How do we know they will be waiting for us? I was inconsolable, and I have never wailed the way I did in the week following her passing. Truth be told, I still have not gone one day without crying over her.

The day after she died, my mom gave me Rob's name, and told me how a few of her friends had met him and experienced his gift. I immediately found this book, and downloaded it. It was very difficult to get through more than a few pages at a time, because I just couldn't control the tears. However, the further I got, the more comfort and peace I started to feel.
I also found a podcast on his website, which was also extremely insightful and offered relief to all the questions that were plaguing me. He has a sincerity in his tone, and his writing sounds more like a friend explaining things to you, than just reading a random book.

A month after my baby was set free (almost to the day), my mother suffered the same loss with her elderly dog. Like me, she values her animals and her bond with them over people, so I know she was experiencing the same soul-crushing agony that I was. My mom doesn't have digital books, so I immediately ordered the paperback and had it sent to her, as I know it will help bring some comfort.

Overall, I would highly recommend this book to anyone who finds themselves in a whirlwind of questions and painful emotions. Thanks to this book, I was able to take solace in the fact that my questions, fears, doubts, and guilt, are shared by many pet parents. I don't know if I will ever feel certain that I made the right choice; there are always so many variables and what-if's, but I now know that I am not alone in those thoughts, and I have hope that she will sometimes be near, and that one day, I will have the joy of being reunited with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment