Rob's Books, Medium Readings, Animal Rescue Fundraisers

BOOKS: Pets and the Afterlife, Pets and the Afterlife 2, Pets and the Afterlife 3, Pets and the Afterlife 4, Lessons Learned from Talking to the Dead, Ghosts of England on a Medium's Vacation, Ghosts of the Bird Cage Theatre on a Medium's Vacation, Kindred Spirits: How a Medium Befriended a Spirit, Case Files of Inspired Ghost Tracking and Ghosts and Spirits Explained BEST SELLERS: All of Rob's books have reached "best-seller" status on AMAZON.com in various paranormal categories. PET SPIRIT READINGS: Now offered via email and done on weekends. Reserve a spot thru Paypal. Email me at Rgutro@gmail.com Send 1 Photo of your pet, their name, and any questions.ANIMAL RESCUE FUNDRAISING LECTURES : Rob is a dog dad, volunteers with Dachshund and Weimaraner rescues and does fundraising lectures for dog and cat rescues.

Friday, April 25, 2014

A Tribute to My Mom's Creativity: Homemade Dog Sweaters get 2nd Life

Tyler and Franklin wearing the sweaters my mom made
One of the best things we can do to pay tribute to those we lost is to re-purpose something they made or had, so it becomes valuable to someone else- in this case, our dogs!  
   My  mom passed on Dec. 29, and I returned in February to continue with the organization and clean out of the house to prepare it for sale. While I was cleaning out the "storage room" in mom's basement I came across a plastic bag full of dog sweaters that my mother hand made back in the 1980s/early 1990s for her poodle Gigi.
   Gigi was one of our family dogs who came to us in 1975. She lived until October 1993. My mother loved that little white poodle with all her heart and never got over losing her in 1993. While Gigi was part of the family, my mom, who made some of her own clothes, made shirts and pants for us (and a Batman costume for me), also handmade sweaters for Gigi!
  In the late 1980s I don't remember dog sweaters being around for sale in stores. In fact I don't remember many accessories for dogs like there are today. So, Mom was on the cutting-edge. Mom hand-knit several dog sweaters and even made Gigi a raincoat from one of my childhood raincoats!

Tyler, Franklin and Dolly dressed for the cold
   So, I happily took the dog sweaters that had been sitting in my parent's basement in a zippered plastic bag for 21 years (since Gigi passed). The sweaters perfectly fit our two Dachshunds: Franklin and Tyler and they've already enjoyed plenty of use from them with all the bitter cold and snow we've had over the last month.
  So, I post this story as a tribute to my mom's creativeness and talent as a clothing designer and clothing maker (for dogs in this case). Now her grand-dogs are enjoying her handmade gifts.

**NEW** PETS AND THE AFTERLIFE: The loss of a pet is like the loss of a child to pet owners. The love we share with our pets never dies, and in a new book called "Pets and the Afterlife" by Rob Gutro, the author provides proof that our pets do communicate with us from the other side.    Available in paperback and E-book, on Amazon.com and other outlets at: To order paperback of Kindle- click here 

FOR  ROB GUTRO'S  OTHER BOOKS AVAILABLE ON AMAZON ((Ghosts and Spirits: Insights from a Medium for $7.99 paper/$2.99 E-book and Lessons Learned from Talking to the Dead  for $8.99 paperback and $2.99 E-bookhttp://tinyurl.com/q3bhgde

No comments:

Post a Comment