Rob's Books, Medium Readings, Animal Rescue Fundraisers

BOOKS: Pets and the Afterlife, Pets and the Afterlife 2, Pets and the Afterlife 3, Pets and the Afterlife 4, Lessons Learned from Talking to the Dead, Ghosts of England on a Medium's Vacation, Ghosts of the Bird Cage Theatre on a Medium's Vacation, Kindred Spirits: How a Medium Befriended a Spirit, Case Files of Inspired Ghost Tracking and Ghosts and Spirits Explained BEST SELLERS: All of Rob's books have reached "best-seller" status on AMAZON.com in various paranormal categories. PET SPIRIT READINGS: Now offered via email and done on weekends. Reserve a spot thru Paypal. Email me at Rgutro@gmail.com Send 1 Photo of your pet, their name, and any questions.ANIMAL RESCUE FUNDRAISING LECTURES : Rob is a dog dad, volunteers with Dachshund and Weimaraner rescues and does fundraising lectures for dog and cat rescues.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Meet my friend Mike Ricksecker: Author and Ghostorian!

Mike Ricksecker: Ghostorian, Author and more
Meet my friend Mike Ricksecker:  Author and Ghostorian!  He's written several books on ghosts  - and several mysteries. His ghost books on Maryland and Oklahoma are great and his Chase DeBarlo mysteries are a must for all mystery lovers.  I was able to talk with Mike and get some insight about what makes him tick, how he got into the paranormal and mysteries and what's coming up. Enjoy the interview! - Rob



1. In your own words, who is Mike Ricksecker? 

Mike Ricksecker is a myriad of different things. He's a creative soul, curious about the world surrounding him -- seen and unseen -- and the paths we took to get here. Professionally, I'm a writer and Ghostorian (and an IT Manager for my day job), producing my own shows on YouTube to complement my writing. I'm also a father.

2. When in your life did you realize you were interested in the paranormal? 

I'd had a couple paranormal experiences as a kid, and I always loved a good ghost story, including ones I wrote, but the genuine interest came in high school after reading The Amityville Horror. Instead of being scared, I wanted to visit the home and see if I could discover anything about the alleged spirits.

3. What inspired you to start writing about the paranormal?

Rob and Mike
Part of my mystery writing growing up also included a few haunted house tales, and I came up with an elaborate background for a spirit I "invented" at my grandparents' house when I was about 11 years old, so it's always been there. Professionally, it came when my publisher approached me about writing GHOSTS OF MARYLAND.

4. How did you get inspired to write your Chase Debarlo mystery series?

My first writing passion, dating back to second grade, was in mystery, and I wanted emulate the Encyclopedia Brown books. That matured, of course, as I got older, but I always kept writing mystery. Chase Michael DeBarlo was invented for a writing assignment in high school. I wrote a number of short stories about him following the assignment, and some of that material found its way into my first mystery novel, DEADLY HEIRS.

5. Tell us about your Oklahoma and Maryland Ghost books ?  How did you come to write them?

My editor at Schiffer found me on MySpace, of all places. The publisher was looking to expand its line of paranormal books and Maryland was one they were looking to add. She liked my mystery writing style and the paranormal short stories I had as freebies on my web site and asked if I would be interested. It was that rare moment of being in the right place at the right time. When I moved to Oklahoma for a few years I proposed the project to them and they accepted. What I like about both GHOSTS OF MARYLAND and GHOSTS AND LEGENDS OF OKLAHOMA is that they're not just books that tell tales of things that go bump in the night. I put in a lot of research to bring out the historic stories of the locations and the people that lived there in years past.

6, Where is your favorite haunted place?  Why?

I have thoroughly enjoyed the Stone Lion Inn in Guthrie, Oklahoma. It's an extremely active old home that even looks like a classic haunted house. I've had a number of fantastic paranormal experiences there and one of my best photographic captures was taken in the foyer. I have some other favorites as well like the Mudd House and the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum, but the pure ambiance of the Stone Lion Inn really accentuates the paranormal activity that occurs there.

7. What was your most frightening paranormal experience? 

The most frightening for me would have been my first as a child when I awoke to a shadow person in my room. It actually interacted with me and crossed my arms across my body before it darted off down the hallway. As an adult, I haven't been "spooked" or frightened during any investigations or otherwise on my own. I'm just curious.

8. Tell us about your e-books! 

The Ghostorian Case Files series is solely on e-books (for now), and they are short little books that read as if they were pulled right from my paranormal investigative file cabinet. Each section is broken down into "Exhibits" as if they were pieces of evidence that have been compiled. I just released the second of these, MYSTERIES OF THE CHURCH OF DARKNESS, which is based on my investigations at Black Bear Church in Oklahoma. These mysteries include that of the "crawler" that lurks there, the shadows seen around the perimeter, the grave of the Unknown Cowboy at the cemetery across the road, and the plight of a young girl that had been murdered. The first of the series, THE INSCRIPTION OF EVIL TIMES, centers around a mysterious stone tablet that was unearthed in America during the mid-1800s. Both of my mystery novels DEADLY HEIRS and SYSTEM OF THE DEAD can also be found on Kindle, but they're also available in paperback.

9. What's next on the horizon for you?
Within the next couple months Schiffer will be releasing my next title from them, CAMPFIRE TALES: MIDWEST. These are a collection of fictional tales based on real history and legends across the Midwest. They were quite fun to write since I was provided a lot of creative freedom. I'm also working on a book for History Press which focuses on the haunts around Oklahoma City. That one should be out next year. Additionally, the next Chase Michael DeBarlo mystery novel(s) are in the works, there will be another Ghostorian Case Files piece, and I keep adding new features to my YouTube channel on almost a weekly basis.

HOW TO FIND MIKE:
WEBSITE:
www.rrdevelopments.com/mike
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/MikeRicksecker
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/mricksecker

No comments:

Post a Comment