Rob's Books, Medium Readings, Animal Rescue Fundraisers

BOOKS: Pets and the Afterlife, Pets and the Afterlife 2, Pets and the Afterlife 3, Pets and the Afterlife 4, Lessons Learned from Talking to the Dead, Ghosts of England on a Medium's Vacation, Ghosts of the Bird Cage Theatre on a Medium's Vacation, Kindred Spirits: How a Medium Befriended a Spirit, Case Files of Inspired Ghost Tracking and Ghosts and Spirits Explained BEST SELLERS: All of Rob's books have reached "best-seller" status on AMAZON.com in various paranormal categories. PET SPIRIT READINGS: Now offered via email and done on weekends. Reserve a spot thru Paypal. Email me at Rgutro@gmail.com Send 1 Photo of your pet, their name, and any questions.ANIMAL RESCUE FUNDRAISING LECTURES : Rob is a dog dad, volunteers with Dachshund and Weimaraner rescues and does fundraising lectures for dog and cat rescues.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Thank you for coming to Karmafest!

My thanks to all who came out to "Karmafest" north of Baltimore on Sunday, May 23. I learned about it from a nice woman named Maggie that stopped by the Annapolis book event on Sunday, May 16. After I contacted Patty (the person managing the event), she invited me to partake in the author area. Here are some photos from Karmafest.

GOOD AND BAD KARMA - The day was mixed with good and bad "Karma." I tried going into a Dunkin' Donuts parking lot enroute to Karmafest and there were no spaces and a very impatient (and huge) man pulled into the parking lot behind me beeping his horn. I guess I stood between him and his dozen donuts, so I backed around his van and left without coffee. I did find another Dunkin' and got my coffee. So, good Karma won out! :)
I met a lot of really nice people at Karmafest. I'll explain stories and topics in later blogs here, as they are all interesting for discussions. One "bad karma" that I found interesting was from another author at the Karmafest. I arrived at 9:45am and was told to just sit on the corner of a stage and spread my books (and sign) out. The "stage" had a table and chairs for multiple authors but there were no others when I arrived. By 11:15am a young woman arrived and appeared outraged that only my book sign was up. I told her to sit on the stage next to me and put her books out. She stormed off.
Five minutes later someone from the festival had me pack up my books and brought me all the way to the front entrance of the festival, while the young woman sat at the table on the stage with her books. Fascinating. 45 minutes later when I looked at the stage she and her books were gone. I thought "having bad karma at karmafest likely doesn't make for success." The lesson I noticed was "always be kind to each other, and learn to bend." I felt badly for the other author who didn't experience the welcome I received from festival goers.
Overall, the event was fun, and wonderful, and the attendees really understood about ghosts and spirits. My thanks to Patty and the staff of Karmafest!

No comments:

Post a Comment