|Epping Town Hall|
Public access video captures ghostly movement in Epping Town Hall
Nov. 22, 2019: EPPING, NH - Long believed to be haunted, Epping Town Hall's resident apparition is enjoying another 15 seconds of fame thanks to public access cable. Things had quieted down since ghost hunters investigated the 19th century brick building six years ago. But on Monday night, during a regular broadcast of a selectman's meeting, a mysterious happening was captured on video that has Town Administrator Greg Dodge and others a little spooked. A piece of paper seemed to pick itself up and cover the microphone during the meeting!
HISTORIC HAUNTINGS - The National Paranormal Association reported these incidents and more:
- The sound of footsteps crossing the creaky wooden floors.
- Doors opening and closing.
- A person whispering.
- Objects being tossed into the air. "I hear things all the time. I expect it now," said Town Administrator Gregory Dodge, who wonders if the Epping Town Hall is haunted. And he's not the only one.
- A pen once flew out of nowhere and landed on the desk of town clerk administrative assistant Michele Murphy. She thought a co-worker had thrown it at her, but she hadn't. "There was nobody there," she said.
- Police Detective Marc Turner and other officers often heard footsteps late at night when the police department was located in the town hall's basement, until it moved in 2001. "You could hear the footsteps. You'd go up there and search the building and nothing. That happened on many occasions," Turner said.