Rob's Books, Medium Readings, Animal Rescue Fundraisers

BOOKS: Pets and the Afterlife, Pets and the Afterlife 2, Pets and the Afterlife 3, Pets and the Afterlife 4, Lessons Learned from Talking to the Dead, Ghosts of England on a Medium's Vacation, Ghosts of the Bird Cage Theatre on a Medium's Vacation, Kindred Spirits: How a Medium Befriended a Spirit, Case Files of Inspired Ghost Tracking and Ghosts and Spirits Explained BEST SELLERS: All of Rob's books have reached "best-seller" status on AMAZON.com in various paranormal categories. PET SPIRIT READINGS: Now offered via email and done on weekends. Reserve a spot thru Paypal. Email me at Rgutro@gmail.com Send 1 Photo of your pet, their name, and any questions.ANIMAL RESCUE FUNDRAISING LECTURES : Rob is a dog dad, volunteers with Dachshund and Weimaraner rescues and does fundraising lectures for dog and cat rescues.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Part 1: A Sign of Flowers from a Cat Named Tiki

As I wrote about in my book "Pets and the Afterlife" cats and dogs have the ability to convey signs to us to tell us they're still around. I received the following email from Victoria and Greg about their cat Tiki who passed in April, and who was very active in communicating. Victoria wrote:
I just finished your book, Pets and the Afterlife and I wanted to share a story with you about o
Tiki the communicator!
ur cat Tiki. He passed away this past Wednesday and I read your book in trying to deal with my grief. My husband rescued him as a kitten 13 years ago, and they’ve been inseparable ever since.  I’ve volunteered at a cat rescue shelter for many years and I’ve never seen a cat so attached to their human before. Tiki was a member of our family, but his world revolved around my husband, Greg.

   A few days before he passed away he was not acting himself and we took him to the vet. After evaluating him she told us he most likely had cancer, probably lymphoma. We were devastated and took him home to make him as comfortable as possible. Tuesday night he was in and out of consciousness, so Greg and I took turns holding him all night. At one point while he was laying in my arms I had a vision of Tiki playing in a flowerbed full of yellow flowers. He put his nose in one and smelled. When his nose came out, it was covered in pollen. It was a brief, but calming vision.

    The next day we made the difficult decision to take Tiki to the vet to be put to sleep. He was no longer eating, drinking, using the litter box or able to walk. We were beyond devastated, but knew it was the right thing to do. Our vet gave him a sedative/tranquilizer before the medicine to stop his heart. We had 10 minutes with him before she gave the final dose. It was during that time a strong smell of flowers filled the room. Both Greg and I smelled it. I told him about the vision I had the night before. I knew at that point Tiki was gone.


  I noticed on the drive home so many yards had beds of yellow flowers. Once we got home we both sat on the bed feeling upset. Once again we smelled a strong scent of flowers. Greg got up and frantically searched the bedroom to try to find the source of the smell. He of course found nothing in our room that smelled good, let alone like flowers. I finally told him to sit down and enjoy his first obvious communication with the other side.

MY RESPONSE: My deepest sympathies in the passing of Tiki. I commend you on your courage in knowing that it was the right time- that's the hardest act of unconditional love for anyone. Your email was very moving to me and reminded me of the passing of our dog Sprite.
 - The yellow flowers and scent was a perfect sign that it was Tiki's time and message. Sometimes our human relatives who pass will help provide those signs to us while our pet is still physically with us. It was likely one of yours or Greg's grandmothers who was sharing that vision with you - I get the sense it was a grandmother on your side.
 Once your grandma welcomed Tiki to the other side, he was able to make the scent of flowers appear in the vet's office and your bedroom while he walked around. I sense that your grandmother was in the room at the vet's office taking Tiki in her arms just as you and Greg held him the night before. Then she walked into the light with him, keeping him safe.
   BTW, Don't be surprised if you feel Tiki on the bed one night soon because he will come back to visit and check on you both from time to time. :) 
NEXT: PART 2: TIKI AND A QUESTION ABOUT "JOBS ON THE OTHER SIDE" 
Lessons Learned, Ghosts and Spirits
For Rob Gutro's books: "Lessons Learned from Talking to the Dead," "Pets and the Afterlife" and the new book "Pets and the Afterlife 2" -  visit Amazon.com   (or click this link) 
Pets and the Afterlife 2, Pets and the Afterlife



No comments:

Post a Comment