Rob's Books, Medium Readings, Animal Rescue Fundraisers

BOOKS: Pets and the Afterlife, Pets and the Afterlife 2, Pets and the Afterlife 3, Pets and the Afterlife 4, Lessons Learned from Talking to the Dead, Ghosts of England on a Medium's Vacation, Ghosts of the Bird Cage Theatre on a Medium's Vacation, Kindred Spirits: How a Medium Befriended a Spirit, Case Files of Inspired Ghost Tracking and Ghosts and Spirits Explained BEST SELLERS: All of Rob's books have reached "best-seller" status on AMAZON.com in various paranormal categories. PET SPIRIT READINGS: Now offered via email and done on weekends. Reserve a spot thru Paypal. Email me at Rgutro@gmail.com Send 1 Photo of your pet, their name, and any questions.ANIMAL RESCUE FUNDRAISING LECTURES : Rob is a dog dad, volunteers with Dachshund and Weimaraner rescues and does fundraising lectures for dog and cat rescues.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

My Experiences at the Kensington Book Festival!

On Sunday, April 21, I  took part in the Kensington Book Festival in Maryland. I paid for a space and set up my table to meet people, sell and sign his books. As with every event, there's much more than just signing books... there are stories and encounters from others who want to share their stories or ask for help.
  My partner drove me over and dropped me off, so I didn't have to deal with parking, and I was so grateful. It was crazy enough trying to find the place to set up and get organized. 
Diane brings Rob smiles on that cold day
    The day was unseasonably cold with temperatures in the upper 30s in the morning and only in the low-mid 50s for a couple of hours in the afternoon, despite the sunshine. The wind chill made it feel like it was in the 40s most of the day. 
  Our friend Diane brought her husband Mark to the event, so I was finally able to meet him. We know Diane through Inspired Ghost Tracking, the group we belong to that investigates historic places and private homes. Diane is so sweet - she heard a college student talking to me about her experiences and came over to me and bought a book for the student (who didn't seem to have the money for it). What an amazing gesture of kindness.  It was great to meet Mark, too, who doesn't come to the ghost group meetings - he's warm and funny.. He's from Scotland, too, so he has that great scottish accent. :) They made my day.
Mark and Rob
  People that came to my table had encounters with Earth-bound ghosts, or spirits of loved ones they lost and received signs from. Three teenage girls told me they used a ouija board, and then things started to happen in their home- which I told them is no surprise. It opens a doorway and anything can come in. I gave them a card for Inspired Ghost Tracking, and have a feeling that I'll be visiting their house with the group to clear it. Don't ever use Ouija boards!  - Another person told me that weird things are going on in their business and causing some employees to quit. Still others mentioned that spirits of their loved ones have visited. It was fascinating to talk with everyone. That's the best part.
  Some wanted to get messages from their loved ones from learned mediums so I gave them business cards of my friends and great mediums Barb Mallon www.barbmallon.com  and Ruth Larkin.
View from Rob's Table
As for book sales, well, in 6 1/2 hours, I made enough to cover the space I rented at the festival - but most of the authors had a similar experience. Perhaps it was the cold. Regardless, the bottom line is that it's about educating the public that there's more than just this life - and if I can give people hope then I've done what I needed to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment