This weekend I joined the Inspired Ghost-Tracking group of Odenton, Md. for a ghost investigation at the Howard County Historical Museum in old Ellicott City. The museum is located in an old church that sits atop a hill looking over downtown, historic Main Street. Old Ellicott City was founded in the late 1700s by the Ellicott Brothers from Pennsylvania - who opened three mills. The town, which became the site of the first passenger railway station for the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad, became very popular during the Civil War. It is extremely haunted because two rivers run through it, and the water energy keeps the ghosts powered up.
|Inside the church part of the museum|
- In my book "Ghosts and Spirits: Insights from a Medium" (paperback, e-book, kindle), I wrote about several ghostly encounters I had in various buildings throughout the city. This was my first time in this building, far removed from the Main Street.
- I'm breaking this down into several different blogs because there would be too much to read.
ENTRY 1: When I initially walked into the building I felt nothing. Usually I get a headache in the back of my head whenever there's a ghost or a spirit (who crossed into the light) present. I walked through the entry way and first room. When I got to the doorway on the left, that led into the small church (the room I first walked through was for a reception area outside of the worship area) I DID get a headache.
- Because ghosts and spirits are energy, they overload the electrical impulses in my brain and give me a headache.
- So, something was there- either residual (emotional energy attached to something) or an intelligent haunt, where ghosts can respond and answer questions. I sensed a more residual presence.
- My friend Troy was with us, and he's also a developing medium. Often, he and I sense the same things and compare notes to later find out we met the same entity.Troy also sensed a male presence in the back left corner of the church after walking through that doorway where I got my headache. We both felt that the energy was residual.
|Stained glass window at back of bldg of 2 angels|
As we went into the church area, we also sensed a female energy and were drawn to one old wooden chair with broken spokes.
It wasn't until we got to another piece of furniture that we really got something interesting.
WATCH FOR THAT IN PART 2.