Rob's Books, Medium Readings, Animal Rescue Fundraisers

BOOKS: Pets and the Afterlife, Pets and the Afterlife 2, Pets and the Afterlife 3, Pets and the Afterlife 4, Lessons Learned from Talking to the Dead, Ghosts of England on a Medium's Vacation, Ghosts of the Bird Cage Theatre on a Medium's Vacation, Kindred Spirits: How a Medium Befriended a Spirit, Case Files of Inspired Ghost Tracking and Ghosts and Spirits Explained BEST SELLERS: All of Rob's books have reached "best-seller" status on AMAZON.com in various paranormal categories. PET SPIRIT READINGS: Now offered via email and done on weekends. Reserve a spot thru Paypal. Email me at Rgutro@gmail.com Send 1 Photo of your pet, their name, and any questions.ANIMAL RESCUE FUNDRAISING LECTURES : Rob is a dog dad, volunteers with Dachshund and Weimaraner rescues and does fundraising lectures for dog and cat rescues.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day: Soldiers of Various Wars/Battlefields

   This is Memorial Day weekend, and I thought it fitting to write about the brave souls who fought for this country. When people are killed suddenly, sometimes they don't realize that they're actually dead. When their bodies are killed there's a mental blackout period and the soul awakens separated from the body. Sometimes the soul doesn't realize he or she has been killed and lingers trying to make contact with the living. Other times, they'll see their dead physical body and move into the light. Sometimes the emotional energy of the death or deaths in the case of a battlefield will linger. Such is the case in many of the civil war battlefields.
 - Gettysburg, Pennsylvania is well-known for residual hauntings where battle charges can be seen at night by the ghostly men who did them during the Civil War. Residual hauntings occur when the same thing happens over and over and there's no ability to converse with the living. It's like a movie being rewound and replayed over and over. 
  There are also reports of intelligent haunts at Gettysburg as well, where individual ghosts will interact and communicate with the living by sounds, movement, or some other sign. 
IF YOU LOST SOMEONE IN A WAR: If you've lost a loved one in a war or conflict, SPEAK TO THEM and tell them that if they are stuck on Earth as a ghost that they need to move into the light and cross over. If you've dreamt about them - that means that they've already crossed over. 
MY EXPERIENCE: 
  Back in March, 2011, we took a trip to central Virginia and stayed in the town of Orange. Although I was aware that civil war battlefields peppered Virginia I didn't realize we would be driving right through the middle of one until the energy became overwhelming. Fortunately, I was in the passenger seat and my partner was driving. It felt like my head was full of thoughts of sadness, anxiety, and nervousness.
  I looked up and we were driving through a forested area on Route 20 in central Virginia and I asked where we are. My partner told me that we were going through the "Wilderness Battlefield."  The  Wilderness Battlefield is located near Orange, Virginia about 15 miles from Fredericksburg and located on what is now state route 20.
Mr Walker, Tour Guide
   Lee and Grant clashed at the Wilderness for the first time on May 5-6, 1864. This vicious engagement resulted in 26,000 casualties and marked Grant's first step toward Appotomax. 
   Once we got past the battlefield area the energy began to wane and my head cleared.  If you go to a battlefield and sense there are some earth-bound ghosts (intelligent haunts), please tell them to move into the light so they can finally achieve peace.   I didn't sense any intelligent haunting going on there.

The website www.Visitorangevirginia.com says "Orange County is rich in Civil War history. Visit the Civil War Museum at the Exchange Hotel located in historic Gordonsville. This elegant hotel was converted to a Receiving Hospital and treated over 70,000 men. Drive through Maplewood Cemetery, the resting place of 700 Confederate soldiers. Walk on the Wilderness Civil War Battlefield or visit Ellwood Manor which was visited by Marquis de Lafayette, and was serviced as a Confederate Hospital and later as the Headquarters of three Union generals. It is the burial site of the arm of General Stonewall Jackson.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rob,
    I am an empath/sensitive that lives in Virginia between Richmond, and Charlottesville. However, I use to live on Orange Plank Road in the Wilderness area. One day back in 2005, or 2006, I visited the Ellwood Plantation home not far from my Orange Plank home. I didn't know all the history about the place when I initially went there. In fact, I knew nothing about it. Anyway, while there, my senses were overwhelmed by the intensity of the atmosphere. While walking the grounds, I felt as if I was walking through molasses, or like someone had thrown a heavy blanket over top of me. I'm familiar with this feeling as the presence of many spirits around me. At least, that is how I sense them when they are numerous. Their prensence was very clear to me without even asking any of the workers, there, about it. I only told my children what I had felt after leaving there. It was the heaviest feeling of spirit activity I had ever felt up to that point in my life.
    I had been thinking about that experience alot, lately, and was curious if anyone else had experienced anything unusual at the historic site. Sure enough, after doing some Google searches, I have found articles, and a blog which tell about people's experiences with spirit activity at Ellwood Plantation. I found your blog, also, in the process, and just wanted to tell you about my experience.
    I enjoyed your blog entry about spirits, and battlefields. It's nice to get confirmation of one's feelings about local places.
    Take care!
    Raven

    silverneedle7@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete